Atkins Diet Recipe
When you are obtaining a certain desirable weight, it does not mean to say that you starve yourself so you end up not eating the three important meals in a day. It is absolutely a wrong notion. The correct manner is to consume in moderation and not excessively. In that way, it would be healthy and you are still on the path to achieve the aim.
Here are Atkins diet recipe that you might want to prepare for yourself even for your family for a hale and hearty you.
(This is an appetizer Atkins diet recipe that has a Mexican flavor where you can substitute either chicken or beef instead of pork.)
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil
1 pound roasted pork
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
¼ cup green salsa
1 jalapeño pepper
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
Atkins Bakery Tortillas
1. Set oven temperature to 450F. Put 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium- high heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes until it is soft. Transfer it to a bowl then add the pork, cheese, green salsa, jalapeño, cilantro, pepper and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
2. With the remaining oil, brush 1 side of each tortilla. Put 1/8 tbsp of pork mixture over the non- greased portion. Fold the tortilla in half over filling.
3. Place it all in a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve with tomato salsa.
Acorn Squash with Spiced Apple Sauce and Maple Drizzle
(This is a main course Atkins diet recipe which has turned out to be a perennial favorite for those who wants to be reminded of falling leaves.)
Ingredients: 1 acorn squash
1 tbsp unsalted butter
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp Atkins Sugar- Free Pancake Syrup
1. Set the oven temperature to 345F. Using an aluminum foil, line a sheetpan. Brush the squash with unsalted butter then garnish it with salt and pepper. Put it in the pan and bake until it is tender for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat the apple sauce for about 3 minutes in a small pot. Add the butter and cinnamon, stir it all together for 30 seconds more.
3. Serve the squash by glazing it with apple sauce and maple drizzle.
Custard Ice Cream
(This is a dessert Atkins diet recipe is the simplest version of that perfect canvas of your fancy flavoring.)
Ingredients: 3 cups heavy cream
3 egg yolks
¾ cup granulated sugar substitute
pinch of salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat the cream until bubbles are formed around the pan edges. Whisk the egg, yolks, salt and sugar together with the hot cream.
2. Stir it constantly while cooking in a medium- low- heat temperature. Wait until the mixture thickens. Remove it from the pan and pour in a bowl. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Cover the surface of the custard with plastic wrapper and let it chill for about 4 hours.
To check out more of these Atkins diet recipes, visit www.atkins.com.