Part 2 50 Easy Ways To Cut 100 Calories A Meal
Let’s face it! It’s not easy to lose 50 pounds without a major life style change. You and I both know it takes mental and physical discipline to get those 50 lbs off your body. We also know that it takes a combination of things to accomplish that goal. Such as physical exercise, stress reduction, proper mental and body rest, and perhaps most important of all healthy eating.
One way to practice healthy eating is to lower your calorie intake, when you eat. In yesterday’s article I gave you the first 29 suggestions for “50 Easy Ways To Cut 100 Calories A Meal”. And today’s article will give you the remaining 21 suggestions for cutting 100 calories out of every meal you eat.
* You can have a 1/2 cup of plain raisins for 100 calories less than a 1/2cup of yogurt coated raisins.
* Swap a cup of nonfat plain yogurt for a cup of custard style yogurt.
* Chew sugar free gum in place of a 100 calorie snack pack.
* Put 2 tablespoons of fat-free cream cheese instead of 3 tablespoons of regular cream cheese.
* Instead of eating 5 chocolate chip cookies quickly, eat 2 slowly and enjoy them more.
* Have a broth based soup instead of a cream soup.
* Put 2 tablespoons of evaporated nonfat milk in your coffee instead of 2 tablespoons of half and half.
* Use nonfat chicken broth instead of heavy cream and butter when making mashed potatoes.
* Drink one can of diet cola in place of one can of the regular stuff.
* When making a cream sauce, thicken it with 1 percent milk and corn starch instead of the traditional roux of butter and flour.
* Cut 1 1/2 ounces off your steak and feed them to your dog. Fido will really be man’s best friend then!
* Eat chocolate sorbet instead of chocolate ice cream.
* Have a fresh spring roll instead of a fried egg roll.
* Make your grilled cheese sandwich with nonstick cooking spray instead of margarine.
* Use a small amount of maple syrup on your pancakes in lieu of margarine or butter.
* Eat 1.5 ounces of grapes instead of 1.5 ounces of raisins.
* Eat a slice of thin crust pizza instead a slice of deep dish.
* Choose steamed rice over fried rice.
* Dip your salad in salad dressing rather than pouring it over the top. You’re likely to have only 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons.
* Eat a half cup of fresh strawberries with 2 tablespoons of fat free whipped cream instead of 1/2 a cup of strawberry ice cream.
* Switch from pork bacon to turkey bacon.
* Instead of a muffin, have all of the following: a scone, fruit salad, coffee, and yogurt.
* Have a Kit Kat instead of a Snicker’s bar. Or better yet reduce the portion of the Kit Kat in half.
As you can tell these suggestions are a great deal of common sense. However, it is always safer for you to contact your doctor or other health professional, before making any major diet changes, to make sure you are healthy enough to implement the changes.
It’s up to you to make the substitutions and to get a head start on losing those 50 pounds.